The Sports Coaching Podcast
Check out our previous episodes in Season 3
The Sports Coaching Podcast – S5EP10 – Developing a long-term curriculum around the four phases of the football/soccer game – with Fran Constancio – The Sports Coaching Podcast with Sam Holmshaw
And a big welcome back! Its been just under year but The Sports Coaching Podcast is back again. Thanks to all those that have got in touch in our time away – we are very happy to be here releasing fantastic conversations once again. In this episode host Sam Holmshaw is joined by Fran Constancio (UEFA pro licence coach, YDP Lead (14-16s) & Assistant PDP (18s) at MK Dons Football club, formerly YDP Academy coach and Football & Education programme lead at Northampton Town Football club). Sam sat down with Fran back in July of 2022 to discuss the topic "Developing a long-term curriculum around the four phases of the football/ soccer game". In Segment 1 Fran talks us through the four phases of the football game (commonly known as attack, defence and the two transitional phases), why coaches choose to create/plan they're curriculum around these phases and discuss the potential benefits to players. In Segment 2 both Fran and Sam explain how coaches can begin to utilise working from the four phases in their coaching practice alongside creating principles for a game model. Finally some implications for coaching practice are discussed. A big thank you to Fran for jumping onto the podcast!
- The Sports Coaching Podcast – S5EP10 – Developing a long-term curriculum around the four phases of the football/soccer game – with Fran Constancio
- S5EP9 – How can coaches facilitate the development of a positive athlete mindset? – with Millie Chandarana
- S5EP8 – Do athletes spend enough time training their minds? – with Ed Gibbins
- S5EP7 – How do we create a culture for coaches and athletes? with Lauren Ammon
- S5 – EP6 – Developing a tactical and analytical understanding of the game as a coach – with Rhys Desmond
Get in touch
Have something you want me to discuss on the podcast?
Use the hashtag #TheSCPod on Twitter or send a message from the contact form.